Sunday, June 23, 2013

Start of Summer

Happy third day of summer, everyone!

It's been a pretty eventful last couple of weeks.  I wrapped up the school year; it was my first year teaching first grade.  It was definitely a challenging year, but I'm proud of the growth I made!  I had a fabulous group of students - I'm also proud of their progress!

As soon as teacher work day wrapped up, Kelly and I went to donate blood.  It was my 37th pint.  It was nice to celebrate the end of the school year by doing something positive.  The next day, we also had burgers and milkshakes at Cruise In Country Diner, so there definitely was a little bit of a splurge celebration as well.

Since Monday, I've been spending all day with Rusty and Andrew working on finishing up the chicken coop.  They have both been so helpful and I cannot sing Rusty's praises enough.  I am humbled and appreciative of having a master carpenter's constant guidance in finishing this building.  We just have the trim and painting to go.  We moved the girls into their new home, though they were in lack of light induced chicken coma at the time.



We have finished the final touches for our trip.  We are super excited!  We've had a very aggressive debt paying/saving plan for about 5 years and this is our big reward.  Our only debt currently is our home.

Lots of love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment