Sunday, June 23, 2013

Flight Delayed

We made it just fine from Portland to Dallas/Ft. Worth.  Our flight to Frankfurt has been delayed for a couple of hours, so you get a 2.5 hours of sleep waiting in an airport post!

Ever since a Popeye's opened in our area, I've been curious to try it.  As we were stuck with airport lunch, we decided to give it a go.  The food was decent, but it was really the art that intrigued me.

Chickens, naturally.  I first thought of the Coq au Vin tile from the amazingly fun board game, A La Carte.  I assumed the chickens were getting saucy and breathing fire.  Then I noticed they seemed to be dancing around a pot.  I became rather concerned for the chickens - are they making their own soup to lay in it?  I can't decide.  And what's with the firebreathing?  Tell me if you think the chickens have a good story!

Wishing you laughter and joy,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha... you and chickens. I don't think they have a good story at all. Perhaps it's like a Grimm fairytale, where there is some moral dilemma re: partying too hard with wine and having it become your downfall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Auschwitz! Don't let Itza see! She'll never be the same!

    -Your Brother

    ReplyDelete